Staging....Common Pitfalls When Selling
There are 5 Common Pitfalls when selling. Remember a pitfall is a hidden or unsuspected danger or difficulty. An expert Realtor can help you eliminate these hidden dangers and net you the most money in the least time. Ultimately, you should hire your expert Realtor months to years in advance so you have the best chance at netting the most money.
Home Selling Pit Falls
5- Overseeing details
Today we are going to discuss the 1st pitfall....Staging and offer some tips.
Home staging is the act of preparing a private residence for sale in the real estate marketplace. The goal of staging is to make a home appealing to the highest number of potential buyers, thereby selling a property more swiftly and for more money.
Tip #1 - Unnecessary Furniture
- Less stuff = more money
- Less Stuff =more room which makes the rooms look larger
Tip #2 - Don’t Block Natural Light
- Don’t have shades closed, allow room to be flooded with light
- Do not allow your realtor to take pictures with shades closed
Tip #3 - Corners
- Important to keep furniture out of corners so people can see how big the room is
Tip #4 - Knick Knacks
- The More knick knacks you put away, the more money will make. Buyers can see the extra space.
Tip #5 - Centerpieces
- You do not need to put centerpieces on the tables. Table should be nice and open.
Tip #6 - Remove Personal Pictures
- Fix holes in the walls
- Buyers need to envision themselves in your home
Tip #7 - Clean out Closets
- Make closets look clean, neat and organized
- Storage space is important to buyers. Put summer/winter clothes away
- Less is More!
Tip #8 - Cleaning
- Have your home professionally cleaned, including the basement.
- Get rid of cob webs, clean b/w windows. Spend the extra $ it makes a HUGE difference.
Tip # 9 - Paint
- Paint goes a long way. Paint home all one color. An off white color
never white – white
- Paint all trim white
- Paint your garage.
Tip #10 - Clean out Garage & Basement
- Sweep & wash down
- Paint walls off white and floor grey or use Apoxy paint
- Buyers aren’t dumb, they want a large storage space as well. You need your garage and basement to look its best as well
- Start Packing. Your Moving! Rent a storage space.
Tip #11 - Six Panel Doors
- Six Panel Doors can transform your old home into a new home. For $30, some paint and a brushed nickel door knob you can have a room that looks like a million bucks.
Remember, You need to have a realtor who is experienced and there to protect you as well as your asset.
If you have any questions about today's topic, or about real estate in general, please give me a call at 215-757-7257 or send me an email. We'd love to hear from you!
What makes The Swain Team Unique?
A Common question we get is what sets The Swain Team apart from other Realtors? And that is easy, it is our unique approach to getting your home sold. We employee proven strategies that get your home sold in the least amount of time for the most money.
Free Services We Offer:
Room-by-Room Analysis: The Room-by-Room Review is a great tool for sellers to utilize before they go on the market. We perform Room-by-Room reviews from months in advance to years in advance. The earlier the better. It is a free 30 minute appointment with one of our listing specialists to evaluate the current sale-ability of your home. A member of the Swain Team will come out to your home and do a walk thru of each interior room as well as the exterior of your home.
Easy Out Agreement: We offer an Easy Out Agreement, which allows the client to cancel at any time during the process if he/she is not satisfied with our service. We want to make sure this process is as stress free as possible for you. We do no want you to worry that you will be locked into a bad relationship with the wrong realtor. We are confident in our abilities and our proven selling approach so much so that we are able to make you this offer. So sit back and relax and enjoy the caliber of service you deserve.
Certified Pre-Owned Home: We want to let you in on a secret called Certified Pre-Owned Home. A Certified Pre-Owned home is one that has gone through a pre-home inspection. And the seller goes through and makes repairs to the home before putting it on the market based on the inspection. We will review the report together and go through each defective item. We will give you our expertise about which repairs we think you should do now and which ones you should wait to do, and which ones you should not do.
Free Home Photo Shoot: You only have one chance to make a first impression! And today your home's pictures online are the first impression. We offer a free Professional Photo of your home's exterior when your home looks at it's best.
This sets you apart from the competition. Why? While all other sellers have snow, leaves, dead grass in their pictures you will have a bright sunny day with all the flowers in bloom. This makes your home much more attract to buyers. If you are arriving home one day and your home is at it's best....Take a picture.
Ultimately, you should hire your expert Realtor months to years in advance to do this for you. Your Expert Realtor should have a professional camera, with a wide angle lens and take beautiful professional pictures of your home.
To hear more details about our unique services schedule your no obligation appointment
today or come to one of our home selling seminars. (215) 757=7257 or TheSwainTeam@gmail.com
"Your Realtor in Red"
The Swain Real Estate Team
Christina & Carol Swain
Top Producing Realtors Serving PA & NJ
Keller Williams Real Estate
584 Middletown Blvd., A50 Langhorne, Pa 19047