Staging....Common Pitfalls When Selling
There are 5 Common Pitfalls when selling. Remember a pitfall is a hidden or unsuspected danger or difficulty. An expert Realtor can help you eliminate these hidden dangers and net you the most money in the least time. Ultimately, you should hire your expert Realtor months to years in advance so you have the best chance at netting the most money.
Home Selling Pit Falls
5- Overseeing details
Today we are going to discuss the 1st pitfall....Staging and offer some tips.
Home staging is the act of preparing a private residence for sale in the real estate marketplace. The goal of staging is to make a home appealing to the highest number of potential buyers, thereby selling a property more swiftly and for more money.
Tip #1 - Unnecessary Furniture
- Less stuff = more money
- Less Stuff =more room which makes the rooms look larger
Tip #2 - Don’t Block Natural Light
- Don’t have shades closed, allow room to be flooded with light
- Do not allow your realtor to take pictures with shades closed
Tip #3 - Corners
- Important to keep furniture out of corners so people can see how big the room is
Tip #4 - Knick Knacks
- The More knick knacks you put away, the more money will make. Buyers can see the extra space.
Tip #5 - Centerpieces
- You do not need to put centerpieces on the tables. Table should be nice and open.
Tip #6 - Remove Personal Pictures
- Fix holes in the walls
- Buyers need to envision themselves in your home
Tip #7 - Clean out Closets
- Make closets look clean, neat and organized
- Storage space is important to buyers. Put summer/winter clothes away
- Less is More!
Tip #8 - Cleaning
- Have your home professionally cleaned, including the basement.
- Get rid of cob webs, clean b/w windows. Spend the extra $ it makes a HUGE difference.
Tip # 9 - Paint
- Paint goes a long way. Paint home all one color. An off white color
never white – white
- Paint all trim white
- Paint your garage.
Tip #10 - Clean out Garage & Basement
- Sweep & wash down
- Paint walls off white and floor grey or use Apoxy paint
- Buyers aren’t dumb, they want a large storage space as well. You need your garage and basement to look its best as well
- Start Packing. Your Moving! Rent a storage space.
Tip #11 - Six Panel Doors
- Six Panel Doors can transform your old home into a new home. For $30, some paint and a brushed nickel door knob you can have a room that looks like a million bucks.
Remember, You need to have a realtor who is experienced and there to protect you as well as your asset.
If you have any questions about today's topic, or about real estate in general, please give me a call at 215-757-7257 or send me an email. We'd love to hear from you!